proccess hung

From: hiren_mehta@agilent.com
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 12:22:11 EST

Hi All,

I have one process hung on my linux smp system (2 processors) running
RedHat Linux 7.

The command

% ps -eo fname,tty,pid,stat,pcpu,nwchan,wchan

gives the following information about the command :

COMMAND TT PID STAT %CPU WCHAN WCHAN
rm tty2 21760 R 99.8 - -

Is there any way to find out why this particular process is hung
and where exactly in the kernel is it hanging ? The WCHAN field
does not tell me anything. Also, the stat of the process is always
runnable and the % CPU is always 99.8. This process is like
this since last 2 days.

Thanks and regards,
-hiren