Re: Clear interrupts on a SMP machine?

From: Richard B. Johnson (root@chaos.analogic.com)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 10:50:19 EST

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, David Woodhouse wrote:

> root@chaos.analogic.com said:
> > I can't control somebody else's use of `hwclock` or even some future
> > kernel module.
>
> What you actually need to do is use the same spinlock as other users of the
> RTC hardware do.
>
> extern spinlock_t rtc_lock;
>
> It is exported to modules for this very reason.

There is no such exported variable in the 'stable' kernel tree:
Script started on Wed Oct 18 11:46:53 2000
# grep rtc_lock System.map
# grep rtc_lock `find . -name "*.c"`
# grep rtc_lock `find . -name "*.h"`
# pwd
/usr/src/linux-2.2.17
# exit
exit

Script done on Wed Oct 18 11:48:08 2000

Cheers,
Dick Johnson

Penguin : Linux version 2.2.17 on an i686 machine (801.18 BogoMips).

obtained from the Micro$oft help desk.