2.2.16: Verify mounting of /

From: Ulrich Windl (Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 03:49:57 EST

Hello,

I have some trouble with an initrd configuration where it seems the
wrong partition is mounted as root (/), even though it seems fine in
/etc/fstab, and mount and df all display that it's fine.

I realized that the kernel messages are not as helpful as possible:

<4>VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) readonly.
<4>change_root: old root has d_count=1
<5>Trying to unmount old root ... okay
<4>Freeing unused kernel memory: 68k freed
<6>Adding Swap: 132088k swap-space (priority -1)

It would be good if the devices involved were displayed, I mean _which_
filesystem was mounted or unmounted? The mount of the new root is not
logged at all.

Regards,
Ulrich