Re: IDE-cd problem with 2.4-test9

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.org)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 15:43:27 EST

I am looking into this, and it really is looking like there's a low
level driver bug somewhere either EIOing an interrupt twice, or missing
one. Were you doing Network I/O at the time? Check 'ifconfig' when you
get the errors and see if there were any RX errors reported by the LAN
card when the ide-scsi problems show up. I am seeing it here, and it is
looking like a device is missing an interrupt, and/or another device is
getting it. Could also be a bug in the APIC code as well.

:-)

Jeff