Re: iBCS with 2.4?

From: Christoph Hellwig (hch@caldera.de)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 10:42:44 EST

[ sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation last week ]

On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 08:26:35AM +0100, Tigran Aivazian wrote:
> just to add, that if I am wrong, and Linus does want it in the kernel

If I unterstand David right, he seems to be interested (?).

> I am willing to spend some time cleaning up the code, updating it for
> current interfaces and re-testing at least the small parts of it that
> I wrote myself :)

Ok, I think I have already done lots of this.
Actually I ran uw7 and os5 binaries under -test8.
Anyway I think everyone interested in the abi stuff should join.
If no one has a better idea I will setup a linux-abi projects at
sourceforge and check Tigrans last patch and my changes in - everyone
interested should join.

My primary interests are SCO UnixWare and OpenServer now, but I would like
to get some NetBSD binaries working under Linux sooner or later.

> (I still have UW7.x.y partitions somewhere and _now_ they are _so_ much
> easier to access from Linux and run UW7 binaries directly from there!)

OT: is there a way to get betas of the vxfs stuff?

        Christoph

--
Always remember that you are unique.  Just like everyone else.