Re: why does "ip route flush cache" take two seconds to run?

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 10:24:49 EST

   Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:25:02 -0400
   From: "Christopher Friesen" <cfriesen@nortelnetworks.com>

   However, from the time the command is issued until the cache is
   actually cleared is two whole seconds. I would have expected it to
   be essentially instantaneous.

   Does anyone know why this is taking so long and maybe how I could
   speed it up?

The flush is always run during a periodic timer, you're just seeing
when it fires ;-)

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com