2.4.0test9 - keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?

From: Mike A. Harris (mharris@opensourceadvocate.org)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 19:50:43 EST

After sending my last email to the list, I switched to tty1, and
could not type, I got the following in my syslog, and dumped to
the screen.

Oct 16 20:46:37 asdf kernel: keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?

Switching consoles, and hitting random keys for a few seconds got
me back. Definitely not a hardware problem. Must be a bug in
the keyboard driver, or tty code. This is a stock unpatched
kernel.

      Mike A. Harris - Linux advocate - Open source advocate
              Computer Consultant - Capslock Consulting
                 Copyright 2000 all rights reserved

[Favorite quotes of Linus Torvalds - Sept 6, 2000]
I'm a bastard. I have absolutely no clue why people can ever think
otherwise. Yet they do. People think I'm a nice guy, and the fact is that
I'm a scheming, conniving bastard who doesn't care for any hurt feelings
or lost hours of work if it just results in what I consider to be a better
system. And I'm not just saying that. I'm really not a very nice person.
I can say "I don't care" with a straight face, and really mean it.
        -- Linus Torvalds on linux-kernel mailing list