Problems with agpgart on MVP3

From: Ed McKenzie (eem12@cornell.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 14:19:06 EST

On a RedHat 7.0 stock kernel, agpgart finds the AGP aperture the first
time it's loaded, but if it's unloaded and reloaded, it gets confused
and seems to think the aperture is located at 0. At this point,
starting the Xserver (3.x or 4.x) or loading DRM drivers manually
freezes the system. SysRq doesn't work.

This is on an Epox MVPG3-M board (VIA MVP3 chipset) running an AMD
K6-2/400 and a Matrox G200 accelerator. I've tried this on RedHat
6.2's most recent kernel as well as a few 2.4.0-testX kernels, and the
result is readily reproducible on all versions of the
kernel. matroxfb/vesafb don't seem to affect this problem either way.

relevant dmesg output and lspci -v are attached.

Please cc: me, as I'm not subscribed to this list.

-ed