Re: ppp support in kernel

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 09:56:10 EST

> satellite laptop. Lucent released a bianary driver for 2.2.12 that works
> with 2.2.14. To make it work with 2.2.15 or higher, you have to use a
> script i found to mask a 2.2.14 ppp module as one for the higher kernel.

It wont work reliably in 2.2.15 even then as it misses some wake up calls

> My question is, is there any plan in the futrue to try and remidy this
> in the kernel?

The kernel API is fairly constant for 2.2 (we'd like it to be 100% constant
but occasionally the brown stuff hits the fan in ways you cant keep it so)
The binary interface is not constant, will not be constant and we see it as a
good thing.

Take it up with Lucent