Core dump missing for a process forked

From: kloury (kloury@ifrance.com)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 03:47:38 EST

Hello,

My application first start creating other pocess using "fork()".
Executing this application for a standard bash after a login session
enables me to have core dump files in case of task crash.

My problem is that, I put my application in the /etc/inittab starting for
level 2. Now I don't find any core dump file in case of task crash.

Are the process in inittab special ? Is it possible to have a core dump file
in this case ? where is it written ?

thank you in advance.

Later,
Michel