Re: Problems with Tulip driver in 2.2 and 2.4

From: J. S. Connell (ankh@canuck.gen.nz)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 01:25:21 EST

On Sun, 15 Oct 2000, David Rees wrote:

> I've seen similar behavior on the same cards, but it only seems to affect
> 100Mbps operation, plugging it into a 10Mbps hub instead of our 3Com
> 100Mbps switch will also get things working as does running ifup/ifdown on
> the interface.

eth0 on my machine is a 100 Mbps interface. eth1 is connected to a
cablemodem that only does 10 Mbps. It's the cablemodem interface that
gives me the most grief, as whenever it resets and resynchs to the network,
it drops the ethernet link.

Jeff, I'll give your suggestion a try tomorrow. If I can work out what
magic makes it work, I'll try merging it into 2.4 and let you know.

--
Jeffrey Sean Connell __ | SHOUTip Team Leader, net.com
ankh@canuck.gen.nz   \/ | PGP key: http://www.canuck.gen.nz/~ankh/pgpkey.html