Re: failure to blank CDRWs (2.2.18pre15 smp ide-scsi hp7100i)

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 19:31:10 EST

> is in cdrecord itself, since I have seen that if the FIFO ever hits 0%
> during CD burning, cdrecord has a tendency to bomb. =20

If you empty the fifo and the drive fifo you burn a coaster. Thats a feature
of CD burning and one reason I use 640Mb magneto opticals for testing CD
stuff

> > Starting to write CD/DVD at speed 2 in write mode for single session.
> >=20
> > Blanking entire disk
> > CDB: A1 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
> > cdrecord: Input/output error. blank unit: scsi sendcmd: retryable err=
> or
> > Sense Bytes: F0 00 05 00 00 00 00 19 00 02 89 16 A1 10 00 80
> > status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
> > Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
> > cdrecord: Cannot blank disk, aborting.

This one though doesnt look like the kernel, unless someone helpfully mangled
a command

> > Sense Code: 0xA1 Qual 0x10 (vendor unique sense code 0xA1) [No matchi=
> ng qualifier] Fru 0x0
> > Sense flags: Blk 0 (valid) error refers to data part, bit ptr 0 (not =
> valid) field ptr 0

Its a message from the drive politely requesting cd-record to talk valid
commands. But as ide-scsi touches some commands (remapping old ones that are
not supported on ATAPI) its possible to be kernel