send_IPI_allbutself() vs send_IPI_all() idea

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@veritas.com)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 13:20:36 EST

Hi guys,

Quite a few cases of the usage of smp_call_function() (generic call
function IPI) look like:

smp_call_function(function, info,...);
function(info);

i.e. we invoke it on all other cpus and then on this cpu. The examples are
flush_tlb_all() and do_microcode_update() (possibly others, I didn't
grep).

So, I thought if we provide a new function smp_call_function_all() which
would simply use send_IPI_all() instead of send_IPI_allbutself()
then those codepaths can be simplified.

Any reasons why it shouldn't be done? I guess I should just try it and see
what happens... :)

Regards,
Tigran