unresolved symbols when building nfsd as a module in 2.2.17

From: John Covici (covici@ccs.covici.com)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 03:37:23 EST

--
         John Covici
         covici@ccs.covici.com
Hi.  I am using kernel 2.2.17 and I put nfsd support and emulate sun
         nfs in my config by using makemenuconfig.  It compiled fine
         (using the Redhat hack of kgcc, it didn't work at all using
         their regular gcc) and it booted OK, but it gave me
         unresolved symbols when it did its depmod -a when it boots
         up.  The symbol is do_nfsservctl.  When I built it into the
         kernel I didn't get any linker problems -- I wonder if there
         is a make file problem here?  I am using a Redhat 7.0 system.

Any assistance would be appreciated.