Re: cannot connect to linuxtoday.com 80 with test9-pre9

From: Jan Niehusmann (jan@gondor.com)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2000 - 07:05:28 EST

On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 06:29:32AM -0500, Peter Samuelson wrote:
> Right you are, both of you. I guess was confusing 'route' with
> 'interface' and didn't think of using multiple routes like that. It
> would be a kludge but whatever gets the job done..

Another idea: What about making it an netfilter thing?
I'm thinking about a possibility to say the kernel 'if this and that
netfilter rule matches, delete the ECN bits'. ECN handles routes
which drop ECN bits, it just looks as if the remote end doesn't know
about ECN.

That way, if you have a network of ECN capable machines, you don't need
to configure the broken links on every single computer, but can do it
on the router/firewall to your network.

Jan