Tux2 Patent Issues

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.org)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 20:00:36 EST

Daniel/Linux,

Brian Rayve from Malinkrodt & Malinkrodt has been assigned the Tux 2
Patent analysis and will have a preliminary infringment analysis
sometime next week that will be posted to this list when it is
available. He has obtained the NetApp patents and is reviewing them and
preparing the analysis. A detailed analysis of all related patents
outside the NetApp patents requires a formal request for patent search
with the USPTO and will take 4-6 weeks to complete. If the NetApp
patents do not infringe, then we will perform the exhaustive search of
the USPTO prior to giving Daniel a green light.

Any parties who have any patent issues or prior art with Tux2 may send
email to brrayve@utahpatentlaw.org (801-328-1624) to assist with this
issue. New Linux patent issues other than Tux2 should be sent thru me
so I can arrange for the funding for the patent research.

Jeff