Re: Updated 2.4 TODO List -- new addition WAS(test9 PCI resource collisions (fwd)

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 13:58:33 EST

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, jamal wrote:

> I am attaching the debug output on bootup after defining DEBUG in pci.c
> and the i386 pci header file with test10-pre2
> Note: this is a Dell Lattitude docking station. The devices which are
> having resource problems are on the docking station. Works fine with 2.2
> kernels.

Can you add the same extra debug code that I asked Dag Bakke to add for
his problem:

-- snip from another email, because I'm lazy ---

Please add a debug printk() to drivers/pci/setup-res.c to the very end of
pci_assign_bus_resource(), just before the "return -EBUSY", something like

        printk("device %s resource %d size %08lx\n", dev->name, resno, size);

just to see what it wants and why it fails..

Also, it's probably worth printing out what the actual bus resources are,
to possibly explain the failure. So add another line that says

        printk("bus res %d %x %08lx-%08lx\n", i, r->flags, r->start,
r->end);

just after the line that says

        if (!r)
                continue;