Re: want tool to open RPM package on Window 95

From: Ruud de Rooij (*@spam.ruud.org)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 09:27:06 EST

Igmar Palsenberg <maillist@chello.nl> writes:

> On Wed, 11 Oct 2000 lixinabc@china.com wrote:
>
> > Can anyone tell me which tool can open RPM package on Window 95 and where to download it?
>
> There isn't, and it serves no use anyway.

I can think of a number of uses for such a tool. For example, to read
the documentation of a package before installing it on a different
(Linux-based) system; or to unpack a source-rpm in order to build it
with Cygwin.

> Second, I'm glad there isn't. Saves tons of bugus bug reports.

Bug reports for whom?

        - Ruud de Rooij.

--
ruud de rooij | *@spam.ruud.org | http://ruud.org