Re: [fixed (well, it works)]Re: test10-pre1 problems on 4-way SuperServer8050

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@veritas.com)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 08:19:27 EST

Hi,

Having done a few more reboots I got more info -- one of the eepro100
interfaces is dead only in 4 out 5 cases. So, sometimes, doing ifdown eth0
; ifup eth0 does help.

So, the latest status: all 6G of RAM work fast but the onboard eepro100
interface, often, doesn't work. This starts to look like eepro100-driver
related so I copied Andrey Savochkin. Btw, one of my colleagues also
reported a similar situation on his quad Xeon with 6G RAM whereby one of
the eepro100 interfaces was dead until one restarts it.

Starting to fiddle with eepro100.c now...

Regards,
Tigran