Re: tmscsim update for Linux 2.2.18pre15?

From: Kurt Garloff (kurt@garloff.de)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 06:42:28 EST

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 12:15:08AM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Kurt Garloff wrote:
>
> > Actually, 2.0e3 did include one rather important fix which solved the
>
> Uh. Fix? This sounds like working around very broken devices to me, or
> are devices allowed to wreak havoc if sync negotiation is tried in spite
> of not being advertised in inquiry data?

Well, at least for devices that do not claim SCSI-2 compliance (but 1 or
1-CCS), it may not be that bad.

> > I'll happily sent a patch against 2.4.0t9 and/or 2.2.18p15 to
> > Linus/Alan to get an updated version included in the mainstream
> > kernel.
>
> Sounds good.

I'd prefered getting some feedback by them.
Maybe, I should try just sending the patches out to them ...

Regards,

--
Kurt Garloff                   <kurt@garloff.de>         [Eindhoven, NL]
Physics: Plasma simulations <k.garloff@phys.tue.nl>   [TU Eindhoven, NL]