Re: Segfaults using xawtv

From: Gnea (gnea@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 20:33:59 EST

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:07:15 -0300, John Coppens blurted forth:

> Hi...
>
> I _hate_ to do this, but I couldn't find (except for a reference to
> "others who have segfaults using glibc") no reference to this problem.
> Insmod of i2c, videodev and bttv succeed without problems or any message
> in /var/log/debug, messages or syslog.
>
> Also, though I'm surely no expert, I tested a bit with gdb & such, and
> suspect there may be a problem that's not directly xawtv/bttv related.
>
> Any suggestions?
[snip]

You may want to, if you have Gnome installed, try out an app called
Zapping. I had some weird problems with newer version of xawtv too (my
bad for not testing it further and sending bug reports to the xawtv
author(s), i've been pretty busy and i needed a quick fix at the time,
i'll get off my ass and do something about this soon i hope) but
zapping works really well and does a better job of syncing frames in a
larger window, it's at http://zapping.sourceforge.net (this is also a
good idea so u can see if it's xawtv that has problems, or if the
problem is kernel-level)

--
	.oO gnea at rochester dot rr dot com Oo.
	    .oO url: http://garson.org/~gnea Oo.

"You can tune a filesystem, but you can't tuna fish" -unknown