Re: 2.4.0test-9: IDE problems

From: Chris Evans (chris@scary.beasts.org)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 18:13:23 EST

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Andre Hedrick wrote:

> Also set this option "CONFIG_IDEDMA_IVB" because you are in the
> transistion period of drive manufacturing.

Turned that on, applied the patch. BTW, your patch seems to make the
"Speed warnings" failure _more_ likely??

Still refuses to activate UDMA3. 11.5Mb/sec vs. 17Mb/sec in 2.2. Is my
hardware trying to tell me that 2.2 shouldn't be allowing me to run with
UDMA3? It's rock solid and yes I've given it a pounding.

Cheers
Chris