Re: DProbes with LTT

From: richardj_moore@uk.ibm.com
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 14:31:49 EST

Karim,

I've been back through an initial evaluation we did for LTT, back in May.
One of the feature we highlighted we'd like to see was an ability to
specify custom formatting templates. Our original OS/2 trace facility
allowed the user to generate formatting templates which would specify
printf-like controls. The templates were defined per major-minor code
specification, which was used to identify uniquly a formatting type and was
recorded with the trace record in the header.

We'd like to see that functionality in LTT. Would port the code from OS/2
if LTT had a suitable formatting exit for custom events. Any thoughts on
this?

Richard

Richard Moore - RAS Project Lead - Linux Technology Centre (PISC).

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/linux
Office: (+44) (0)1962-817072, Mobile: (+44) (0)7768-298183
IBM UK Ltd, MP135 Galileo Centre, Hursley Park, Winchester, SO21 2JN, UK