Re: will ip 6 in ip4 tunnelling be fixed anytime soon ?

From: Bernd Eckenfels (ecki@lina.inka.de)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 19:21:48 EST

On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 11:44:34AM +0200, Jorg de Jong wrote:
> your just a bit off here, I believe Gerhard has posted this bug
> a number of times, further more I have submitted a fix for this
> bug, but has still not been accepted. Neither has there been any feedback
> on why ?

the address for bug fixes for the net-tools is net-tools@lina.inka.de. Your
patch does not address the net-tool, therefore i cannot apply it. We will
see who feels responsible for adding it to the kernel source. Alexey? Andi?
Davem? Alan?

I dont think there is a workaround in the net tools possible,m since the
SIOCSIFDSTADDR which is dispateched to addrconf_set_dstaddr will use
__dev_get_by_name to find the device (i dont know what for) and that will
fail without your patch.

Do u think a workaround in the net-tools is possible? I'm a little bit
confused where exactly the call fails. Since creating a sit device and then
assigning a tunnel address does not work, eighter.

Greetings
Bernd

--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --