Re: usb and smp problems with 2.4.0-test9/2.2.18-pre15

From: Pete Toscano (pete@research.netsol.com)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 12:59:23 EST

greg,

machine's at home and in a bit of a wedged state, so i can't get this
info to you right away, but i will if you think it'll help debug the
issue. from what you say, the people on the linux-usb-devel list
already have patches for these things, so i'm wondering if it'll be
useful.

anyway, i don't recall all of the usb errors, but i think there was
"breadth" in it, it had about four lines of error message produced and
they kept repeating until i unplugged all usb devices, and there were
timeouts. useful, eh? =8] like i said, i can get this info to you if
you think it'd be helpful.

i'm using a usb mouse. i have two usb hubs -- one in my keyboard
(ms natural pro) and one in my monitor (nokia 446xpro). i also have a
usb compact flash card reader and a rio 500. the mouse and the reader
are usually plugged into the monitor and the rio is plugged into the
keyboard, if at all.

i'll send my .config file if you think it'd be helpful.

it's set to mps 1.1. linux has issues with 1.4?

if it's not a problem, would you please send the patches or point me to
where i can pick them up?

thanks,
pete

--
Pete Toscano    p:sigsegv@psinet.com     w:pete@research.netsol.com
GPG fingerprint: D8F5 A087 9A4C 56BB 8F78  B29C 1FF0 1BA7 9008 2736