=?iso-8859-2?Q?2.2.18pre* + raid +ide patches ???=

From: kernel@go2.pl
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 17:23:57 EST

Hi,
I am looking for a solution for the following problem.
We have installed some new promise 100 cards and ibm ata 100 disks
on some of the servers, assembled the 2.2.17 + ide + raid kernel.
Since then we had several crashes on those machines, we get lots of
VM: try_to_free_memory_failed for XXX messages.

The situation is terrible, we cannot revert to the older kernel,
since there are no ide patches for kernels earlier then 2.2.17 that
have promise 100 support, and 2.2.17 proves unstable for us.

We are looking for some advice on how to assemble, possibly a
2.2.18pre* kernel, that would have VM errors fixed, and would
have mingos raid patches + would recognize our new promise 100
cards.

Thank you in advance.
Chris.