Status of IrDA in the latest kernels?

From: Stanislav Meduna (stano@trillian.eunet.sk)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 13:15:31 EST

Hello,

what is the status of IrDA in the 2.4.0-test* kernels?

I am asking this because I am able to get reproducible hard
lockups with IrCOMM using vanilla 2.4.0-test8. However,
if I apply the patch-2.4-test6-irda3 from Dag Brattli's
site, all works fine (well, at least what I have tested),
so there is probably no need to report the exact data here.

Dag says in the Linux-IrDA mailing list, that he sent
the patch, but it has yet to be accepted, probably for
size reasons. Is this on the TODO list for 2.4? Search
for irda / ircomm in the l-k archive does not reveal
anything relevant.

Regards

--
				Stano