Re: will ip 6 in ip4 tunnelling be fixed anytime soon ?

From: Gerhard Mack (gmack@innerfire.net)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 01:07:18 EST

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.10010061908490.4717-100000@innerfire.net> you wrote:
> > Is there an ETA on having ip6 in ip4 tunnelling working with the latest
> > net-utils??
>
> what is the problem? Do u have a bug or do u mean general IPv6 Support?
> There are a lot of unoficial IPv6 Packages, Debian has a good Collection,
> and we are trying to get them back into the Upstream.
>
> For net-tools, everything should be ok with 1.57
>
> Greetings
> Bernd

I would call this a bug:

[root@innerfire /root]# ifconfig sit0 tunnel ::206.123.31.102
SIOCSIFDSTADDR: No buffer space available

[root@innerfire /root]# ifconfig -V
net-tools 1.57
ifconfig 1.40 (2000-05-21)

Dmesg confirms I've compiled in support:
IPv6 v0.8 for NET4.0
IPv6 over IPv4 tunneling driver
early initialization of device sit0 is deferred

        Gerhard

--
Gerhard Mack

gmack@innerfire.net

<>< As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.