Re: What is up with Redhat 7.0?

From: Marc Lehmann (pcg@goof.com)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 15:42:34 EST

On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 01:20:58PM -0700, Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com> wrote:
> > If you say so.... However, I am not sure that you (we?) can actually
> > control it.
>
> You are excused this one and only time since I am fortunate enough to
> never have met you but listen carefully now:

And you are excused this once only to have only read what people have
quoted instead of reading what I actually wrote:

   OTOH, drepper@redhat.com might get pressed into not doing incompatible
   changes, although I trust drepper to act truely honest.

> > Well, I actually do think that this has happened with glibc-2.1.
>
> And this I take as personal insult. Who the f*ck do you think you are
> to claim the right of making such a statement?

Well, the glibc-2.1 on redhat disks acted differently than the glibc-2.1
in the cvs repository or on the ftp servers, but that does not mean that
the actual glibc code is the culprit. Again, please read what I actually
wrote, not only the parts that others have quoted.

Thank you for doing that.

> This is so completely insane that I really have not the slightest idea
> how you can make

Probably that's becausde I didn't write what you think I did write since
you only read selected snippets of my mail.

> whatsoever. If you cannot find anybody I demand a public apology from
> you.

VV. Really, there is no need to fight over misquoted mails. Please do calm
down.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@opengroup.org |e|