Re: What is up with Redhat 7.0?

From: Stefan Traby (stefan@hello-penguin.com)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 13:20:18 EST

On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 04:26:38PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > > They released a supported ex-Cygnus people approved compiler.
> >
> > Which still makes it an broken, experimental, unreleased and unofficial
> > compiler, with all the consequences I said.
>
> And didnt you write something called pgcc once.

pgcc never was incompatible at binary level to gcc/egcs.

> *PLONK*

It's really absurd to attack Lehmann but I understand that's
your job.

RedHat workers should accept that they working for a company
that works against the community. This does not mean that
each individual worker works against the community but this
fact is not really important.
That's simply a fact that you can't discuss away by attacking Lehmann
who is one of the main integration persons (gcc/egcs).

Please read http://gcc.gnu.org/steering.html

--

ciao - Stefan

" A standard that defines "bc" but not "dc" is broken by design - SUS "

Stefan Traby Linux/ia32 fax: +43-3133-6107-9 Mitterlasznitzstr. 13 Linux/alpha phone: +43-3133-6107-2 8302 Nestelbach Linux/sparc http://www.hello-penguin.com Austria mailto://st.traby@opengroup.org Europe mailto://stefan@hello-penguin.com - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/