Re: What is up with Redhat 7.0?

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 18:37:39 EST

> you have of course used kgcc for the compile job ? 2.96 maybe is chewing
> the kernel source a little bit too well.
>
> Did you edit the makefiles to use kgcc instead of gcc ?

2.2.18pre12 (coming to a kernel archive near you in 2 or 3 minutes) now
knows about both kgcc and gcc272 (RH and Debian) automatically thanks to
Arjan.

I will try and get the gcc 2.96 patches folded in before 2.2.18 (that and
S/390 sorting out are the ones left). Anyone who builds with 2.96 for a
production system is IMHO a complete loon but for those who want to see how
it works and stomp on problems it should I hope be possible to play with
2.96 builds by then [x86 anyway - most non x86 is probably ok]

Alan