scsi emulation on 2.4.0-test8

From: Richard Polton (Richard.Polton@msdw.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 08:16:47 EST

Hi,

I am using 2.4.0-test8 with scsi emulation turned on. I have one
internal atapi dvd-rom
drive and one external atapi cd-rw with a pcmcia interface. I enabled
scsi emulation and,
on the command line, set hdc=scsi and hde=scsi (where hdc is the dvd and
hde the cd-rw).
The machine starts up, the dvd is recognised by the scsi layer at scsi0,
channel 0, id 0 and
lun 0. I then plug in the pcmcia card and load sr_mod, cdrom and sg. The
kernel signifies
that it has recognised a scsi drive but states the same address as
before, i.e. 0 0 0 0.
cat /proc/scsi/scsi only reveals the dvd, as do cats on the various
/proc/scsi/ide-scsi/0
and /proc/scsi/sg/*

What am I doing wrong and how can I get the kernel to recognise my cd-rw
as a scsi
emulated atapi device?

Thanks,

Richard