Re: [patch] enabling APIC and NMI watchdog on UP systems

From: Miles Lane (miles@speakeasy.org)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 03:32:50 EST

Ingo,

Can you please outline exactly what testers with UP machines
need to do to build, set up, enable and debug using this
new code?

I have an Athlon 750MHz machine and a Pentium II laptop
that I use for testing and I'd like to exercise some of
the experimental VM code. I have gotten system deadlocks
on both of these machines, but I need some pointers in
how best to extract useful debugging information from the
deadlocked systems. Any help you can give in this regard
would be much appreciated. I have used SysRq successfully,
but I don't know how to use the information I am given
to find the salient points.

Thanks,
Miles