Re: Socket Interface

From: Peter Samuelson (peter@cadcamlab.org)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 07:13:32 EST

  [Peter Samuelson]
> > But it really bugs me when someone uses the term 'Linux 6.2'.... (:
> > I could not resist pointing out the distinction.

[Gérard Roudier]
> You seem to do the same confusion of assuming that Linux is RedHat. Note
> that it is not your fault. We all are so screwed by marketing techniques.

Hey now. I didn't assume "Linux is RedHat". I assumed a user who says
"Linux 6.2" is referring to "Red Hat Linux 6.2". And I still wouldn't
bet against Igmar. What's the point? I don't like beer anyway. (:

Note that I deliberately ignored my assumption when replying -- I gave
instructions for Debian derivations, even though I don't know of any
Debian-derived distribution with a version number 6.2.

Peter