(no subject)

From: Andrej Hosna (hosna@ibl.sk)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 04:44:41 EST

> Dear Helpers:
>
> This is a question from a Linux idiot. Please bear with me. I have brought
> up a PC running Linux 6.2. I need to develop a simple C program using
> TCP/IP protocol (socket interface) to talk to another PC on the network. I
> need some help in getting the necessary documentation and sample code about
> socket interface to write such program. Any input will be appreciated.

Try to look for Advanced programming in the UNIX environment from
W.Richard.Stevens, with ISBN 0-201-56317-7. And for more advanced info look for
UNIX System V Network programming from Stephen A. Rago with ISBN 0-201-56318-5.

Anyhow for quick and easy start with sockets , try to look at this tutorial:
http://ftp.std.com/homepages/jimf/sockets.html

> man 2 socket
> man 2 bind
> man 2 connect
> man 2 listen
> man 2 send
> man 2 recv

This will help you lot while reading tutorial.
Good Luck :)

Andrej

--
/* Andrej Hosna - http://people.ibl.sk/adino - +421 903 852 696  */