Re: Russell King forks ARM Linux.u

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 16:24:35 EST

> > So is there a URL with the whole discussion on. It looks like a fun read ?
> Have a look at the linux-arm-kernel archive at
> http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/

I can see where his confusion arises, but yes you are right, people need to be
able to mix the 16x50 driver with the sa1100 driver. The ppc people went through
fixing this.

HPA can I suggest the description for major 4 minor 64+ is amended to be clear
that its the 16x50 driver.

The proper way to manage ramdisks like that is to open each possible set of
ports and find which one fits your need - or of course you can use devfs which
for an embedded setup with flash based root may in fact be a very attractive
solution for other reasons too

Alan