Re: lvm in 2.4.0-test9pre5

From: Peter Samuelson (peter@cadcamlab.org)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 10:49:53 EST

  [mec]
> > Peter, your patch fails if CONFIG_BLK_DEV_MD=m and CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LVM=y.

Ewww, you're right. As I believe I already mentioned, this is why I
was originally opposed to mixing lvm and md into one directory. Not
that this was a valid objection, of course.

The easy fix would be to unconditionally enter the directory. But
let's do better, shall we?

[Jeff Garzik]
> Temporary variables shouldn't be needed... We need to put drivers/md
> in both SUB_DIRS and MOD_SUB_DIRS if lvm=Y and md=M (or vice versa),
> so it sounds like something like this would work:

> if (config_md==y || config_lvm=y)
> sub_dirs += drivers/md
> if (config_md==m || config_lvm==m)
> mod_sub_dirs += drivers/md

Here's the best I can come up with. Completely untested. Yes, it's
ugly. So are the alternatives. The version with temp variables came
out to 21 lines. Comments?

  ##### [ drivers/Config.in ] #####
  # enter dir for kernel case if MD==y or LVM==y
  ifneq($(findstring y,$(CONFIG_BLK_DEV_MD) $(CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LVM)),)
    SUB_DIRS += md
  endif
  # enter dir for module case if MD==y or MD==m or LVM==m
  ifneq($(findstring m,$(CONFIG_BLK_DEV_MD) $(CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LVM)),)
    MOD_SUB_DIRS += md
  else
    ifeq($(CONFIG_BLK_DEV_MD),y)
      MOD_SUB_DIRS += md