["Michael N. Lipp" <MNL@MNL.de>] Can't compile linus 2.2.17 with latest gcc due to checksum.S

From: Michael N. Lipp (mnl@dtro.e-technik.tu-darmstadt.de)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 01:20:49 EST

attached mail follows:

Hi,

I can't compile the latest linux kernel with the latest gcc due to a
strange define in checksum.S. The gcc preprocessor complains about
the usage of elipses in the macros

#define SRC(y...) \
        9999: y; \
        .section __ex_table, "a"; \
        .long 9999b, 6001f ; \
        .previous

#define DST(y...) \
        9999: y; \
        .section __ex_table, "a"; \
        .long 9999b, 6002f ; \
        .previous

And I do agree, they look very strange. I tried adding comma
(#define SRC(y,...)) as this is what it should look like, but then
I get errors for the usage lines (SRC(1:movw (%esi), %bx)) and
again I understand the preprocessor very well.

As egcs and gcc have re-merged and thus the latest gcc is really
the next egcs, I consider this a real problem.

    Michael