Re: Bonding Driver Questions

From: Thomas Davis (tadavis@lbl.gov)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 13:28:10 EST

Constantine Gavrilov wrote:

> 1) How can I check for the link status from the user space?
> 2) Could enslaved interface be released without bringing the master
> interface down? If yes, how? Could we have ifunslave?

Link status is not used at all in v2.2 (and would mean a rewrite of
drivers to get it)

Link status is used in v2.4. Not all drivers support link status. In
fact, I don't know of any that do - but it's possible now to do it.

Simply taking down the interface should be enough to remove it from
enslavement.