Re: Quantum lct08 & Promise Ultra66

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 14:01:53 EST

Ted,

It appears that their is a problem with the Promise and lct08, lct10, LM
firmware series. What needs to happen is to adopt a lilo-append line to
force a drive to enter the quirk list by force.

Since not all drive are tested, doing a blanket quirk for all lctXX and
LM XX has already bitten me in the backside.

What is missing is the full drive capacity from the report or the model
string.

Cheers,

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

> From: "Mike" <origin@mail.ru>
> Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 20:34:42 +0400
>
> Just have compiled 2.4.0-test8 today...
> Nothing interesting
> Everything goes the same way as 2 test releases before...
> All my devices are detected right, but... :-(
> Kernel panic again at the file systems mounting point.
>
> Final error message, as I remember it, sounds like:
> Error reading sector 0... 21:41 dev hdf1
> or something like that
>
> Can you send your bug report again with the exact error message? One of
> the most dreaded words in a bug report is "or something like that".
>
> All kernel messages relating to the IDE device driver would also be
> useful.
>
> - Ted
> -

Andre Hedrick