Re: Linux 2.2.18pre6

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 17:40:19 EST

Alan,

I see you parse-pieces for the 2.4 code as backports into 2.2 of the
larger ide-patch. What is it going to take to just accept it?

The ali-driver is straight out of 2.4 or ide-patch with parts of cmd646
taken to actively tune the drive and chipsets.

If it is the issue of the taskfile now in my patch, I will pull it if it
will prevent me from having to carry this monster around.

I am considering the pull of the backport because I do not have time to do
both directions.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy