Re: Test 8 Kernel Unable to get the password prompt?

From: Steven Walter (srwalter@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 10:34:22 EST

If you're logging in as root, this is probably a result of the VT not
being named in /etc/securetty. Devfsd mucks up the names, so you can
either include "1," which would allow root logins from pseudo-terminals
and other insecure places, or upgrade your util-linux to a newer
version; I'm not sure what is new enough.