Re: [RFC] Wine speedup through kernel module

From: Richard Guenther (richard.guenther@student.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 06:33:54 EST

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, David Howells wrote:

> I think now that I'm probably best providing a generic pluggable syscall
> handler, one that is very careful to make sure the syscall can't be entered
> whilst the module is being unloaded.

Whats the problem with just not allowing the module to unload at all?
Whats the point in unloading a module anyways. Ok, I know - debugging,
etc. - but for a "release" version this is not important. Also upgrading -
but for desktop boxes (for which this wine stuff is) rebooting seems
appropriate here, too.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard.guenther@student.uni-tuebingen.de>