Re: Booting into /bin/bash

From: Olaf Titz (olaf@bigred.inka.de)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 04:30:48 EST

> only a alias for a virtual console, therefore it can send signals. I guess
> the break char is simply not set to ^C. use stty to set break to ^c and then
> save the settings to ioctl.save. This will be restored by init. Or if you
> want to avoid init, set stty by hand.

When I ran into this problem last I tried to press Ctrl-A through
Ctrl-\ to see what happens. All of them display except for Ctrl-C,
Ctrl-Z and Ctrl-\, so they do have their meanings, just don't send
signals.

I thought this was because process 1 is special (isn't there a kill
protection for init?); next I'll try the /dev/tty1 trick.

Olaf