Re: [ANNOUNCE] Darkstar Development Project

From: Juan J. Quintela (quintela@fi.udc.es)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 17:09:29 EST

>>>>> "david" == David A Gatwood <dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org> writes:

Hi
        [stuff about unfair test]

I don't arguee if the test was fair or not.

david> and does not include a "null update", as that is an atypical usage pattern
david> for most trees that unfairly skews the test towards software or kernels
david> that does caching of file stat results, which has little bearing on
david> typical use.

But I think that the null update is a "typical" usage, and more
typical indeed a cvs diff (and how that it is spelled in bk). I want
to be able to use cvs diff for a whole tree, when I have changed only
2-5 files to be very fast, (i.e. speed of diff -r between hardlinkend
trees).

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy