Re: Availability of kdb

From: Nathan Paul Simons (npsimons@fsmlabs.com)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 17:05:36 EST

On Sun, Sep 10, 2000 at 12:15:31AM -0700, J. Dow wrote:
> Properly contemplated and I wonder at the hypocrisy of using a compiler
> or an assembler instead of carefully hand crafted bits on a blank disk.

        i think you miss the point. i think that Linus is trying to say
something along the lines of "A hacker does for love what others would not do
for money." Think about it; who would you rather work with: someone who is
there because they enjoy the work, truly thrive in the environment, and is
pleasant to be around -or- someone who does it just because they're paid, they
"only work here" and would prefer a debugger because it means they don't have
to think as hard.

--
Nathan Paul Simons, Programmer for FSMLabs
http://www.fsmlabs.com/