Spontaneous reboot in test8

From: Cesar Eduardo Barros (cesarb@nitnet.com.br)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 12:01:29 EST

I just got a spontaneous reboot in test8. My logs say nothing. It was less
than an hour after booting it into test8.

Looking at lkml, I saw two people with the same problem, and I noticed some
things in common with them:

- Both were using iptables
- Both were using ip forwarding (I guess)
- Both were using the _recently changed_ rtl8139 driver

So, I guess there's something wrong...

8139too Fast Ethernet driver 0.9.8 loaded
eth0: RealTek RTL8139 Fast Ethernet board found at 0xefffff00, IRQ 10
eth0: Chip is 'RTL-8139B'
eth0: MAC address 00:e0:7d:78:fa:b4.

I'll send the rest of the dmesg output (or any other info on my hw) later if
needed, I'm afraid that if I wait too much to send this message it'll reboot
before I can do it =)

--
Cesar Eduardo Barros
cesarb@nitnet.com.br