Re: kernel debugger...

From: Stephen Williams (steve@icarus.com)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 12:56:47 EST

>From: "Jeff V. Merkey" <jmerkey@timpanogas.com>
>To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
>Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Withdrawl of Open Source NDS Project/NTFS/M2FS for
Linux

>"The lack of a Kernel Debugger and other basic kernel level facilities on
>Linux make TRG's job about 20 times harder on Linux and take almost 10
>times as long as is possible on NT, NetWare, or MANOS to develop
>software asa result ofthis."

I'm right now arguing with win2000 PnP insanity for my *PCI* device, and
I can say with some confidence that Linux driver development is so much
easier that it's not funny.

The horror, the horror....

steve@icarus.com              But I have promises to keep,
steve@picturel.com            and lines to code before I sleep,