Re: modules_install?

From: Juan J. Quintela (quintela@fi.udc.es)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 20:10:32 EST

>>>>> "keith" == Keith Owens <kaos@ocs.com.au> writes:

Hi

keith> Agreed, and the kbuild team is already looking at a complete Makefile
keith> redesign for kernel 2.5. The latest makefile wishlist is in
keith> ftp://ftp.ocs.com.au/pub/makefile-wishlist-2.5-3.gz, all sensible
keith> comments appreciated.

once there, in:

(MEC-4) Standardize the post-vmlinux targets.

     Actually I think Keith subsumes this with "make an installable
     system". I'd like all the elements of this system to go into
     documented places with standardized architecture-independent
     names. In D.M., the vmlinux file and bzImage file and System.map
     go into a target directory named "boot/".

Could we make it _easy_ to put all the
modules/System.map/bzImage/<whatever> in boot/ and make it easy to do
a tar of that directory and make easy to install that dir in another
machine (perhaps puting a tiny Makefile/script there to do that).

Just my 2 pesetas :))

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy