Re: [OFFTOPIC] Re: What the Heck? [Fwd: Returned mail: User unknown]

From: Igmar Palsenberg (maillist@chello.nl)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 06:20:57 EST

> Ugh. What rubbish.
>
> The moment I detect my provider changing anything beyond a TTL is the
> moment I find a new provider.

The 'problem' is a bunch of stupid American politics (excuse anyone
American), than passed a law that all spam containing a remove adress is
legal.

So that means I get all kinds of spam containing 'This is legal because
blahblah Bill blablah'

Well, I don't live in the US, and that bill is not legal here.

I basically block the entire IP after receiving SPAM. It the domein is
proven to be 'spam-only', then I just block the entire domain as well.

AOL is next on my TODO list.

> I'm all for reduced spam, but I think you've absolutely gone over the top
> on this one. I can't imagine how much spam you must receive to be willing
> to hand over not only your freedom but MINE as well to corporate
> profiteers.

I get 10 a day or so.

> As far as broadband service goes, just give the damn users fixed IPs and
> let the opt-in blacklists handle them.

My idea.

        Igmar